Try Something New
This simple, fresh and fragrant tomato and cucumber salad is a summer favorite.
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, yellow or red, halved
- 3 medium brown tomatoes, quartered
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 or 2 garden cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ½ bunch of dill, chopped
- ½ bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
DirectionsArrange all the tomatoes on a large platter.
Place cucumbers on top of the tomatoes.
Toss together the chopped parsley, dill, minced garlic, and green onions. Sprinkle over the tomato and cucumber mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with lemon juice.
Prior to serving, allow the salad to stand ten minutes for the flavors to develop. Add lemon slices for decoration.