Try Something New
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 25 treats
1/2 cup chopped apple
1/2 cup chopped carrot
1/2 cup applesauce
1 t. baking powder
1 cup rye (or general purpose) flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop up apples and carrots to 1/4 inch cubes. Carrots do good in a food processor. Apples, not so much.
- Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix everything together well with a spoon or by hand.
- Sprinkle pastry mat or countertop with some extra flour so your dough doesn’t stick.
- Put dough on pastry mat or countertop. Begin to flatten out by hand, sprinkling more flour on top of dough as needed (to prevent stickiness)
- Use rolling pin to roll out dough until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, begin cutting out individual treats. Place them on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Put in oven and cook for 30-35 minutes. Treats will be firm but not hard when done.
Store in refrigerator.