- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 8 medium green onions, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups dried lentils (12 oz), sorted, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves or 2 teaspoons dried mint leaves
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups Yoplait Fat Free plain yogurt (from 2-lb container)
DirectionsSpray 3-quart saucepan with cooking spray. Cook onions, gingerroot, red pepper and garlic in saucepan over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender.
Stir in 5 cups of the broth, the lentils, turmeric and salt. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, adding remaining broth if needed, until lentils are tender.
Stir in tomato, coconut and mint. Serve over rice and with yogurt.