- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6
Make a salad that's been restaurant inspired. It's fast, easy and delicious.
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 8 cups ready-to-eat salad greens (any variety)
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or Roquefort cheese (2 oz)
- 1/2 cup 1/2-inch pieces fresh chives
DirectionsTo toast walnuts, cook in ungreased heavy skillet over medium-low heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until browning begins, then stirring constantly until fragrant and golden brown. Remove walnuts from skillets and spread on plate to cool slightly.
In blender or food processor, place 1/3 cup toasted walnuts and remaining dressing ingredients. Cover and blend on high speed about 1 minute or until smooth.
In large bowl, toss remaining 1/3 cup toasted walnuts and salad ingredients. Pour dressing over salad mixture; toss gently until salad is evenly coated.