- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Servings: 12
All the flavors of the holidays in one easy gluten-free cake. With the pecan-cinnamon crust, there’s no need for frosting or glaze.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 box Betty Crocker Gluten Free yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Gluten-free powdered sugar, if desired
DirectionsHeat oven to 350°F. Spray 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix pecans, granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Sprinkle into pan, turning pan to distribute evenly.
In large bowl, beat cake mix, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon, nutmeg, sweet potatoes, oil, yogurt, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Carefully spoon into pan.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.