- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 2 cups Green Giant Select frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded American or Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
DirectionsCook broccoli as directed on package. Drain.
Meanwhile, in 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add celery, carrot, onion and thyme; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Stir in flour until well blended. Add milk and broth; cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
Stir in chicken and cooked broccoli; simmer about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot. Add cheese; stir until melted.