- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 4
Suddenly Salad makes this easy, flavorful blue cheese and black pepper steak salad a winner.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad ranch & bacon pasta salad mix
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 lb boneless top round steak
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- French-fried onions, as desired
DirectionsPour pasta (from Suddenly Salad box) into 3-quart saucepan 2/3 full of boiling water. Gently boil uncovered 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
In medium bowl, stir together seasoning (from Suddenly Salad box) and blue cheese dressing. Add cooked pasta, onion and black beans until well blended. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
Meanwhile, heat gas or charcoal grill. Rub steak on both sides with garlic pepper. Place steak on grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill; cook steak about 6 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer inserted in center of steak reads 140°F.
To serve, place pasta salad on large serving platter. Cut steak into thin slices; arrange over pasta salad. Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles. Garnish with French-fried onions.