- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8
Add something delicious to your family's dinner with this hearty grilled chicken and pasta salad!
- 1 package (8oz) uncooked campanelle or rotini pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (3/4 cup)
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 ripe mangoes, seed removed, peeled, and cut up
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise, then cut crosswise into slices (1 cup)
- 1 bottle (8 oz) Italian dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
DirectionsHeat gas or charcoal grill. Cook pasta as directed on package; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain well.
Meanwhile, place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 15 to 20 minutes, turning once or twice until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F). Cool slightly. Cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
In 8-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in onion; cook uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 10 to 15 minutes longer, stirring every 5 minutes, until onion is deep golden brown (onion will shrink during cooking). Cool slightly.
In large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, caramelized onion and remaining ingredients; toss gently to coat. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes to blend flavors.