- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Servings: 4
Pork and apples have long been perfect partners. Dried cranberries add color and tartness.
- 4 center-cut bone-in pork loin chops, 1 inch thick (about 2 lb), trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 medium baking apples, peeled, chopped (2 cups)
DirectionsSpray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; place in cooker.
In small bowl, mix brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, cinnamon, red pepper and cranberries. Spoon over pork in cooker; top with apples.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours to 4 hours 30 minutes.