- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8
You will really enjoy sipping on this squash soup sweetened with apple and a hint of cinnamon.
- 8 cups cubed seeded peeled butternut squash (2 medium)
- 1 large apple, peeled, chopped
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups Progresso chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 container (6 oz) Yoplait Greek Fat Free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
DirectionsIn Dutch oven, mix squash, apple, onion, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Add broth. Cover; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer about 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
In blender or food processor, place one-third of mixture. Cover; blend until smooth. Repeat twice to use up remaining soup. Return to Dutch oven, stir in milk and yogurt. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until heated through. Ladle into bowls; sprinkle with chives.