- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 4
Searching for something new to do with chicken breasts? Combine apples, cranberries and herbs in an easy baked chicken dinner.
- 2/3 cup grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large unpeeled red cooking apple, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 medium stalk celery, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) cranberries
- 3/4 cup Original Bisquick mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
DirectionsHeat oven to 350°F. In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, melt jelly and butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in apple, celery and cranberries; remove from heat.
In shallow dish, mix Bisquick mix, sage and thyme. In another shallow dish, place water. Dip chicken into water, then coat with Bisquick mixture. Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in skillet 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until coating is brown.
Place chicken in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Spoon cranberry mixture over chicken. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).