- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
Crisp, cheesy skillet sandwiches ready in 20 minutes! Wrap the bread with ham or turkey, apple, arugula layered with cheese slices. Perfect if you love Italian cuisine.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 8 slices Italian bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced cooked ham (from deli)
- 1 medium apple, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 thin slices onion, if desired
- 4 slices (1 oz each) Swiss cheese
DirectionsIn small bowl, mix mayonnaise and garlic. Spread 1 side of each bread slice with butter; spread mayonnaise mixture on unbuttered side. On each of 4 bread slices, buttered sides down, layer ham, apple, arugula, onion, cheese and remaining bread slices, buttered sides up.
Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes. Place sandwiches in hot skillet; cook uncovered 6 to 9 minutes, turning once, until bread is crisp and cheese is melted.