- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Servings: 4
Apples and stuffing mix provides a wonderful addition to these pork chops - perfect for dinner.
- 1/2 teaspoon butter or margarine, softened
- 2 unpeeled red baking apples, sliced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops, 3/4 inch thick (about 2 lb), trimmed
- 1 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups stuffing mix for pork or chicken (from 12-oz box or 8- or 12-oz canister)
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
DirectionsHeat oven to 375°F. Brush 1/2 teaspoon butter in bottom of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Spread apple slices in dish. In small bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Sprinkle seasoned salt on both sides of pork; place pork over apples.
In 2-quart saucepan, heat apple juice and 2 tablespoons butter to boiling over medium-high heat. Stir in stuffing mix and cranberries. Cover; remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff mixture with fork. Scoop 1/2 cup stuffing onto each pork chop.
Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; place sprayed side down over baking dish. Bake 40 to 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until pork is no longer pink in center and meat thermometer inserted in center reads 160°F. Sprinkle with parsley. To serve, lift pork chops with stuffing to serving plates; serve apples on the side.