- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Servings: 8
Sweet apples, apricots and plums work well with this stew's robust flavors.
- 2 lb boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed of fat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium parsnips (about 12 oz), peeled, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup dried apricots (6 oz)
- 1 cup pitted dried plums (6 oz
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 1/2 cups Progresso chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 large Golden Delicious apples (about 1 1/4 lb)
DirectionsSpray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix pork, parsnips, onion, apricots and plums. Add flour, salt, pepper and cloves; toss until pork, vegetables and fruit are coated. Add broth and cider; mix well.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours.
Core apples; cut each into large chunks. Stir apples into stew. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 1 hour longer. Stir well before serving.