- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 20
Count on a bushel's worth of crunchy flavor in this walnut and apple salad, made with an easy yogurt-mayo dressing.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon peel
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cut into 8 wedges, then cut crosswise into bite-size pieces (4 1/2 cups)
- 2 large Gala apples, cut into 8 wedges, then cut crosswise into bite-size pieces (3 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 medium stalks celery with leaves
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted*
DirectionsIn small bowl, mix dressing ingredients until blended. Refrigerate until serving time.
Place apples in large bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice; toss until coated.
Remove leaves from celery; chop leaves into 1/2-inch pieces to measure 1/2 cup. Cut celery stalks diagonally into 1/4- to 1/2-inch slices to measure 2 cups. Add to bowl with apples. Refrigerate until serving time.
Just before serving, toss apples and celery. Add dressing; toss until coated. Sprinkle with walnuts.