- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 hours
- Servings: 24
Spicy slow cooked chicken and bean tacos - perfect for Mexican cuisine! A flavorful appetizer to impress your guests with!
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6 thighs)
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (from 1 1/4-ounce envelope)
- 1 can (4 1/2 ounces) chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1 can (19 ounces) cannellini beans, drained
- 2 packages (4.6 ounces each) taco shells (12 shells each)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream (1 cup)
- 1 cup thick-and-chunky salsa
DirectionsPlace chicken in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix; top with chiles. Mix tomato sauce, cumin and coriander seed in medium bowl; pour over chicken. Top with beans.
Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut and chicken is tender.
Remove chicken from cooker; place on cutting board. Mash beans in cooker. Shred chicken with 2 forks; return to cooker and mix well.
Serve chicken mixture with taco shells, cheese, lettuce, sour cream and salsa. Chicken mixture will hold on low heat setting up to 3 hours.