- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 32
Every party-and tortilla chip-deserves beef and Old El Paso bean dip, made with tomatoes, onions and spice. It’s quick and easy appetizer favorite.
- 1/2 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso refried beans
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with zesty mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup shredded taco-flavored Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 8 oz round red and green tortilla chips
DirectionsSpray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook beef and onion in skillet 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain well.
Stir in refried beans and tomatoes. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese.
Spoon dip into serving dish or 1 1/2- to 2-quart slow cooker on Low heat setting. Dip will hold up to 2 hours in slow cooker. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.