- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
- Servings: 24
Liven up the party-or at least the appetizer table-with nachos topped in a spicy, bubbly mix of chicken, cheese, black beans and more. Serve it straight from the slow cooker.
- 1 loaf (16 oz) Mexican prepared cheese product with jalapeño peppers, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 package (9 oz) frozen cooked chicken breast strips, thawed, cubed
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 medium green onions, sliced (3 tablespoons)
- Large tortilla chips
DirectionsSpray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, place cheese, salsa, beans and chicken.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 2 hours, stirring once halfway through cooking.
Stir in sour cream, bell pepper and onions. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook about 45 minutes longer or until mixture is hot.
Serve with tortilla chips. Topping can be kept warm on Low heat setting up to 2 hours; stir occasionally.