- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6
Looking for Mexican appetizer made using Progresso beans and chicken? Then check out these delicious nachos that are served with salsa – perfect for Halloween.
- 30 blue corn tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken (from 2-lb chicken)
- 1 cup drained rinsed Progresso black beans (from 15-oz can)
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- Fresh cilantro leaves and chopped green onions, if desired
- Salsa, if desired
DirectionsHeat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Arrange tortilla chips on cookie sheet, overlapping slightly.
In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook bell pepper in oil 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add butter and garlic, stirring until butter is melted. Add chicken. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in beans. If desired, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon chicken mixture over chips. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro and onions. Serve with salsa.