- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 34
Green Giant corn, Progresso beans, Old El Paso chiles, taco seasoning and salsa are featuring in these tasty beef empanadas – perfect to serve as appetizers.
- 1/2 lb ground beef round
- 2 teaspoons Old El Paso taco seasoning mix (from 1.25-oz package)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Niblets frozen corn (from 12-oz bag) thawed
- 1/4 cup Progresso black beans (from 15-oz can), drained, rinsed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
DirectionsHeat oven to 425°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 3 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, corn, beans and chiles
Remove crusts from pouches; unroll on work surface. Roll each crust to 12-inch round. With 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut 17 rounds from each crust. Spoon about 2 teaspoons beef mixture over half of each round to within 1/4 inch of edge. Brush edges with water. Fold dough over filling; press edges firmly with fork to seal. On ungreased cookie sheet, shape empanadas to curve and look like crescent moons. Brush with beaten egg.
Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes. Serve with sour cream and salsa.