- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 8
Enjoy this 25-minute chicken and beans Mexican appetizer recipe made using Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, Progresso red kidney beans and Old El Paso Thick ‘n Chunky salsa.
- 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 cup chopped deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 2 1/2-lb chicken)
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese (from 8-oz container), softened
- 1 cup shredded taco-seasoned cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup Old El Paso Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
DirectionsHeat oven to 425°F. Remove pie crust from pouch; unroll on ungreased cookie sheet. Generously prick crust with fork. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook chicken, beans and cumin over medium heat about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly heated. Stir in cilantro.
Spread cream cheese over partially baked crust. Top with chicken mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
Bake 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve warm with salsa.