- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 24
This warm, hearty dip is loaded with spicy pork sausage, spinach and pinto beans. Serve with corn chips for a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- 1 lb bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 bag (6 oz) fresh baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (16 oz) pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- Corn chips, if desired
- Fresh thyme sprig, if desired
DirectionsHeat oven to 375°F. In large skillet, cook sausage, onion and chopped bell pepper over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pork is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic and 1 teaspoon thyme; cook 1 minute. Stir in wine; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is almost completely evaporated.
Add cream cheese; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until cream cheese is melted. Stir in spinach and salt. Cook 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly, until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat. Gently stir in beans. Pour mixture into 2-quart casserole; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake uncovered 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve dip warm with corn chips. Garnish with thyme sprig.