- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 12
Enjoy this classic Middle Eastern appetizer made using chickpeas and spinach served with popcorn snack chips – dip that's ready in 10 minutes.
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, liquid reserved
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame tahini paste (from 16-oz jar)
- 2 teaspoons smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper, if desired
- 6 oz popcorn snack chips
DirectionsIn food processor, place chickpeas, 1/4 cup of the reserved liquid, spinach, lemon juice, tahini paste, paprika, cumin and salt. Cover; process 30 seconds, using quick on-and-off motions; scrape side.
Add additional reserved bean liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time, covering and processing, using quick on-an-off motions, until smooth and desired dipping consistency. Garnish with bell pepper. Serve with popcorn snack chips.