- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 28
Traditional taco salad ingredients are transformed into an ever-so-easy microwaved munchie.
- 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso refried beans
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
- 2 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Finely shredded lettuce, if desired
- Additional shredded Cheddar cheese, if desired
- Corn chips, if desired
DirectionsIn 1 1/2-quart microwavable casserole, crumble beef. Cover loosely; microwave on High 2 minutes 30 seconds to 3 minutes 30 seconds or until beef is thoroughly cooked. Stir and drain.
Stir in bell pepper, onion, beans, tomato sauce, seasoning mix, pepper sauce and garlic. Cover tightly; microwave on High 3 minutes. Stir; spread mixture in 9-inch microwavable pie plate. Cover; microwave on High 3 to 4 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
In small bowl, mix sour cream, 1 tablespoon Cheddar cheese and the chili powder. Spread over beef mixture. Sprinkle with lettuce and additional Cheddar cheese. Serve with corn chips.