- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
- Servings: 21
Next party, let guests scoop creamy single-serving southwest chicken nachos direct from the slow cooker. Black beans and peppers add flavor and color.
- 1 package (16 ounces) mild Mexican pasteurized prepared cheese product with jalapeño peppers, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso Thick ’n Chunky salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cooked Southwest-seasoned chicken breast strips, thawed and cubed
- 1 container (8 ounces) Southwest ranch sour cream dip
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 12 ounces large tortilla chips
DirectionsPlace cheese, salsa, beans and chicken in 3- to 4-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours, stirring halfway through cooking, until cheese is melted and mixture is hot.
Stir in sour cream dip and bell peppers. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook about 30 minutes or until mixture is hot. Serve over tortilla chips. Topping will hold on Low heat setting up to 2 hours; stir occasionally.