- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 12
Nachos smothered with beer-spiked queso dip are sure to be a hit at any party.
- 8 cups tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup lager beer, such as a Boston lager
- 2 cups shredded American cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
DirectionsHeat oven to 350°F.
Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Arrange tortilla chips on cookie sheet. Bake 5 minutes to warm chips.
Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat beer over medium heat until just starting to simmer. Slowly add the cheeses in small amounts, stirring constantly with whisk, until melted. Stir in chiles.
In medium bowl, mix beans and salsa. Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.
To serve, pour half of the cheese sauce over warm chips; top with half of the bean mixture. Top with remaining cheese mixture and remaining bean mixture. Serve with remaining ingredients.