- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Servings: 10
Hummus with fresh sweet potato packs even more plant power. Add a delicious blend of smoked paprika, coriander, and cumin to make this flavorful dip.
- 1 large orange-fleshed sweet potato (12 to 14 oz)
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso chick peas, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup almond butter or tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, halved
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped marcona almonds or toasted blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
DirectionsPrick skin of sweet potato with fork. Microwave on High 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Let cool 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Peel and cut up cooked sweet potato.
To make hummus, place cooked sweet potato and remaining hummus ingredients in large food processor. Cover; process until smooth. If needed, add water 1 tablespoon at a time to desired consistency. Cover and chill at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
To serve, spoon hummus onto serving platter. Top with almonds, parsley and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Serve with flatbread crackers and/or fresh veggies.