1 piece ginger, about 3 inches long
2 bunches green onion
1/2 cup soy sauce + 2 tbsp
1/2 cup rice vinegar
4 cloves garlic
1 lb small gemstone or fingerling potatoes
4 chicken breasts
1 lb green beans
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Fill a large wide pot with 6 cups of water and bring to a simmer
2. Thin slice 2 inches of ginger
3. Rough chop the garlic cloves
4. Chop 1 bunch of green onion
5. Add the ginger, garlic, green onion, 1/2 cup of soy sauce, and 1/4 cup of rice vinegar to the pot
6. Bring the mixture to a simmer then add the potatoes. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
7. While the potatoes are simmering, bring a separate pot of water to a rapid boil and cook the green beans for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. When finished, drain the water and set aside.
8. When potatoes are done, quarter them and set aside
9. Add the chicken breasts and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Let it sit for 5 minutes before slicing. Make sure the chicken breasts are fully covered by the broth. Use a plate to keep them submerged if you have to.
10. While the chicken is simmering, make the sauce for potatoes and green beans. In a separate bowl, add the rest of the soy sauce and vinegar. Whisk in honey, sesame oil, cayenne pepper, and olive oil. After the sauce is evenly combined, add the green beans and potatoes. Toss until coated evenly.
11. Divide the potatoes, green beans and chicken. Spoon remaining sauce over the chicken and veggies. Enjoy!