- 1 stalk of fresh lemongrass, tender inner bulb only, minced
- One 1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- One 14-ounce package firm tofu at room temperature-drained, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
DirectionsIn a small, heatproof bowl, combine the lemongrass with the ginger, cilantro, mint, sesame seeds, scallion, garlic, crushed red pepper, soy sauce and rice vinegar.
In a small saucepan, heat the oil over high heat until almost smoking, about 2 minutes. Meanwhile, arrange the tofu slices on a plate. When the oil is hot, pour it over the lemongrass mixture; it will sizzle. Immediately spoon the hot ginger-lemongrass sauce over the tofu and serve.