- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 onions, diced
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 cup uncooked pasta
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (15.5 oz) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen green beans (or 1 can)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach leaves
DirectionsHeat oil in large soup pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, celery, garlic, carrots, and zucchini; cook and stir 2 minutes.
Add broth, tomatoes, water, sugar, pepper, basil, and oregano. Bring to a boil. Add pasta and cover with water. Boil 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
Add the canned/frozen beans and heat through. Stir in spinach. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.