- 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds for milder)
- 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar jack
- 2 Tbsp chopped scallions
- 8 thin sliced skinless chicken breast cutlets, 3 oz each
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 juicy limes, juice of
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- olive oil non-stick spray
Directions1. Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Combine cream cheese, cheddar, scallions, jalapeño and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.
3. Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out.
4. Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
5. Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.
6. Bake 22-25 minutes, serve immediately.