- 3 whole Red Bell Peppers
- 2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Flat Leaf Parsley, Finely Minced
- Fresh Parmesan, Shaved Or Grated
- 1/2 pound (to 1 Pound) Pasta: Orecchiette, Penne, Fusilli, Etc.
DirectionsRoast red peppers, and then place in a Ziploc bag to allow to sweat. Peel the charred skins from the peppers, then removed seeds. Set aside.
Lightly toast pine nuts in a skillet. Set aside. Puree peppers with pine nuts. Set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions.
In a skillet or pot over medium heat, drizzle in olive oil. Add diced onions and garlic and cook until soft. Pour in pepper puree and stir together. Add plenty of salt.
Pour in cream and stir to combine. Taste and add more salt, if necessary. Add cooked pasta, and then stir together.
Place pasta into a bowl, top with chopped parsley and plenty of shaved Parmesan.