- 1 lb. spicy Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1/2 lb. smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 qt. water
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
- 2 to 4 russet potatoes, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 2 C. chopped kale or swiss chard
- 1 C. heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper
Directions1. In a skillet, brown the sausage, breaking it into pieces; set aside.
2. In a skillet, brown the bacon and crumble it into pieces; set aside.
3. Place water, broth, potatoes, garlic, and onion in pot; simmer over medium heat until potatoes are done. Add sausage and bacon to pot and simmer 10 more minutes.
4. Add kale and cream at last minute. Let sit for a while but don't boil it.