- 2 Tbsp yellow cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 13-oz can tomatillos
- 3 Tbsp snipped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
Directions1. In a plastic bag combine cornmeal, flour, chili powder, salt, and black pepper. Add chicken pieces, a few at a time, shaking to coat.
2. In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken in no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once.
3. Meanwhile, for salsa, drain, rinse, and coarsely chop tomatillos (you should have about 1 cup). In a small bowl combine tomatillos, cilantro, onion, lime juice, and jalapeno pepper. Serve salsa over chicken.