- Servings: 4
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 slices of ham (may need more or less depending on how thick they are)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. butter
Directions1. Pound chicken breasts until they are 1/4 inch thick. This can be done easily by placing the chicken breast between plastic wrap and using a mallet to pound it.
2. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Place 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of ham on each chicken breast. Roll up each breast, using a toothpick to secure if needed.
3. Dredge in flour, shaking off any extra. Dredge in egg and then bread crumbs. Place in greased baking dish. Place about 1 tablespoon of butter on each chicken breast.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes, or until juices run clear. Serve with a sauce made from chicken broth and cream, or cream of chicken soup and sour cream, seasoned to your taste.