- 1 lb. great northern beans, dry
- 2 lbs. chicken, cooked and chopped or shredded
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (4 oz.) mild green chilies
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Fresh chopped cilantro, to taste
- 6 C. chicken broth
- Sour cream
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Directions1. Soak beans overnight. Cook beans until soft.
2. Boil chicken. Save broth to use for soup. Chop or shred chicken & set aside.
3. Saute onions in oil. Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, oregano, cloves, cayenne, and cilantro.
4. Add onion and spice mixture to beans; add broth and simmer.
5. Add chicken and warm chicken through.
6. Serve with sour cream, salsa, and cheese on top.