- 4 bell peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 1/2-3 c. cooked rice
- 2 small cans tomato sauce
- Chili powder to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese
Directions1. Brown ground beef. Combine cooked rice, tomato sauce, chili powder, and black pepper and add to ground beef in skillet. Allow to simmer.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Carefully add bell pepper halves into water. Let them boil for about 5 minutes, or until they are darker green in color. Remove from pot and place in a 9"x13" baking dish, cut side up.
3. Spoon rice mixture into bell peppers. Place any remaining rice around the peppers. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
4. Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes.