- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 small-medium eggplant, chopped (see notes)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 to 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Tomato sauce or tomato soup (see notes)
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- Pinch thyme
Directions1. Saute onion and garlic in enough oil to cook them until tender. Add chopped veggies until cooked, adding more oil if needed.
2. Add salt to taste. Add tomatoes and spices and enough tomato sauce or tomato soup to desired consistency.
3. Let simmer for 20 minutes. Serve over rice or on its own like a soup.