- ◦4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 1 can chicken since I halved it)
- ◦1 c. mild or medium red enchilada sauce
- ◦1 (7oz.) can diced green chiles
- ◦2 tsp. cumin
- ◦1 tsp. pepper
- ◦2 c. rice, uncooked
- ◦1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro and
- ◦1 Tbsp. lime juice
- ◦2 cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted (used 98% FF)
- ◦1 c. sour cream (used FF)
- ◦1 1/2 c. mild or medium salsa
- ◦1 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- ◦1 1/2 c. pepper jack cheese, shredded
- ◦1 can corn, drained
- ◦1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ◦optional garnish: green onion, tomatoes, sour cream, crushed corn chips, or anything else you like!
Directions◦In crock pot combine chicken breasts, enchilada sauce, green chiles, cumin and pepper. Cook on high for 4 hours. Take chicken breasts out of sauce and shred.
◦Prepare rice according to package directions with cilantro and lime juice. In bowl, combine soups, sour cream and salsa.
◦Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom of 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 c. of soup mixture in bottom of pan
◦Layer in the following order: 1/2 of the rice (press down firmly in pan), 1 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, 1/2 of shredded chicken mixture, 1/2 can corn, 1/2 can black beans, 1/2 of soup mixture, remaining rice (press down firmly in pan), remaining shredded chicken, remaining corn, remaining black beans, remaining soup mixture.
◦Top with 1 1/2 c. pepper jack cheese. Bake for 35-40 minutes until heated through. Garnish as desired.