- - 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- - 2 T fresh lemon juice, divided
- - 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- - 1 slice whole-wheat bread (about 1 oz), torn in pieces (I used gluten-free bread crumbs)
- - 2 tsp lemon zest, divided
- - 1 T minced garlic
- - 1/4 c low-fat olive oil mayo
- - 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced, 1/4 tsp adobo sauce reserved
Directions- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut Brussels sprouts in half and prepare as shown (they had picture instructions which were helpful for me, but basically you peel off outer leaves, cut stems close to bottom leaves, cut in half and make a little cut in the stem to help it cook evenly). Transfer sprouts to a large bowl and drizzle with 1 T lemon juice and oil; set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse bread into fine crumbs. Sprinkle bread crumbs, 1 tsp lemon zest and garlic over top of sprouts and toss until lightly coated.
- Spread sprouts-crumb mixture in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast in oven for 10 minutes; remove turn sprouts around and bake until tender, 7-10 more minutes.
-Meanwhile, prepare aioli: In small bowl, combine mayo, remaining 1 T lemon juice, remaining 1 tsp lemon zest, chipotle chile and reserved adobo sauce; mix well.