- * 8 corn tortillas, halved, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips (I used crushed chips)
- * 2 tbsp. EVOO
- * Salt and pepper
- * 2 cans (15 oz. each) pinto beans, rinsed (I just used 1 can)
- * 1 1/2 cups jarred mild tomato salsa (I used 3/4 c)
- * 1/2 head romaine lettuce shredded (I used a whole head)
- * 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- * 1/4 cup sour cream (I used light ranch dressing)
- * 1/4 cup black olives, sliced (I left off)
Directions1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large bowl, toss the tortilla strips with the EVOO; season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on 2 rimmed baking sheets and bake, switching and rotating the pans halfway through the baking time, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes; let cool.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the beans and 1 cup salsa; bring to a simmer over high heat. Lower the heat to medium and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
3. Divide the lettuce among 4 plates and top with the bean mixture, cheese, tortilla strips, sour cream, olives and remaining 1/2 cup salsa.