- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (I used jasmine)
DirectionsCut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Place in medium bowl. Stir together curry, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and chili powder. Sprinkle over chicken, tossing to coat evenly. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
In a large nonstick frying pan, stir onion, basil, garlic and peppers in hot oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, until onion is translucent. Add chicken and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook for 5-6 minutes until no longer pink.
Combine coconut milk and cornstarch and whisk well to combine. Carefully add to skillet, whisking vigorously. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Stir in ginger. Cook and stir for another minute. Serve over hot rice.