- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 bunch spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red raspberry jam (with seeds)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup walnut oil freshly ground (I used olive oil)
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
DirectionsPreheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Arrange walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in oven for 5 minutes, or until nuts begin to brown.
In a large bowl, toss together the spinach, walnuts, cranberries, blue cheese, tomatoes, avocado, and red onion.
In a small bowl, whisk together jam, vinegar, walnut oil, pepper, and salt. Pour over the salad just before serving, and toss to coat.