- Servings: 36 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 & 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup m&m's
Directions1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter for about 1 minute at medium speed. Add the brown sugar, and cream for 1-2 minutes more, or until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl, and add the egg and vanilla. Mix at medium speed until thoroughly combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture, and mix at low speed just until the dough comes together. Add the m&m's, and continue mixing until they are evenly distributed. Cover the dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Scoop the dough into tablespoon-sized balls, and arrange the balls on cookie sheets about two inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges.