- Servings: 16
The pumpkin flavor in these brownies is really just an accent to the chocolate, which is why it's the perfect choice for someone with lukewarm feelings about pumpkin.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/4 cups pumpkin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Coat a 9-inch square pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper.
2. Heat the butter and chocolate in the microwave at half power, stopping every 30 seconds to stir, until completely melted. Be careful not to overheat!
3. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the sugar, eggs, and vanilla, and beat together at medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the flour mixture, and continue mixing at medium speed until thoroughly combined.
5. Divide the batter evenly between two bowls. Stir the melted chocolate mixture into one bowl of batter. Stir the pumpkin, vegetable oil, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the other bowl of batter.
6. Transfer half of the chocolate batter to the prepared pan. Add half of the pumpkin batter on top of the chocolate batter. Repeat with the remaining chocolate and pumpkin batter. Use a knife to swirl the batters together in the pan, creating a marbled effect. Top with sprinkles if desired.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the center is set. Cool completely before cutting into squares.