- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder (natural or dutch-processed)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 & 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Directions1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with foil and coat with nonstick spray.
2. Combine the semisweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate, and butter in a small microwaveable bowl. Heat in the microwave in 30-second intervals until melted completely, stirring after each interval. Whisk in the cocoa powder, and set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt until thoroughly combined. Add the warm chocolate mixture, and whisk until smooth. Stir in the flour with a rubber spatula just until combined.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until the brownies are slightly puffed, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few sticky crumbs. Cool completely before cutting into squares.