- Servings: 30
- For the brownies:
- 1 box Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 & 1/4 cups toffee bits, divided
- For the caramel buttercream:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
Directions1. Preheat the oven according to the directions on the brownie mix packaging. Coat a mini cupcake pan with nonstick spray or line with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Add all but 1/2 cup of the brownie mix, and whisk until smooth. Combine the reserved brownie mix with 1 cup toffee bits in a small bowl, then whisk this mixture into the brownie batter until fully incorporated. This additional step will prevent the toffee bits from sinking to the bottom of the batter.
3. Spoon about 1 & 1/2 tablespoons of batter into each cup of the prepared pan. Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center brownie comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
4. To make the frosting: In a medium bowl, cream the butter for about one minute with an electric hand mixer at medium speed. Add the powdered sugar and continue mixing at low speed for about one minute more; the mixture will look dry and crumbly. Add the milk and continue mixing until the frosting comes together, adding additional milk if needed. Add the caramel and mix until completely incorporated.
5. Once the brownies are completely cool, pipe a swirl of frosting onto each one and garnish with the remaining toffee bits.