- Servings: 2 pints
- 1 1/2 lbs pickling cucumbers
- 4 garlic cloves, minced, separated
- 2 tsp. dill seed, separated
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, separated
- 1/2 tsp. yellow mustard seed, separated
- medium ground black pepper
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. pickling or kosher salt
- 2 wide-mouth pint mason jars
DirectionsPrepare jars for pickles by sterilizing with large pot of boiling water.
Slice cucumbers however you wish. Cut end off both sides of the cucumbers and then slice into quarters or sixths, or into slices.
Add spice blend of garlic, dill seed, mustard seed, red pepper, and black pepper, divided equally into two pint jars.
Pack cucumber pieces into jar. Do not overcrowd and don't place within 1 inch of top of the jar.
Bring brine liquid (salt, vinegar, and water) to a boil. Once a rolling boil start adding brine liquid to within 1/2-inch of the top of the jar.
Tap jar on counter to remove air bubbles, then add more brine liquid to make it 1/2 to 1/4-inch from top of jar.
Finger tighten lids to jar and add to boiling water. Once water returns to a boil set timer for 5 minutes, continuing to boil. At end of time promptly remove jars from water and set aside to cool. Jars should pop seal during cooling.