- 2-3 lb. boneless beef pot roast (rump, chuck or round)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups water or beef broth, or more as needed
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf (Optional)
- 1 bag (14 oz.) Birds Eye Recipe Ready Stew Blend
- 1 bag (14 oz.) Birds Eye Recipe Ready Chopped Onion & Garlic Blend
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
DirectionsSeason pot roast with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in Dutch oven or 6-quart sauce pot and brown roast. Add tomatoes, ½ cup water (I used 1 cup) and no bay leaf. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 1 hour 45 minutes.
Add Recipe Ready Stew Blend and Recipe Ready Chopped Onion & Garlic Blend and cook 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Remove roast and vegetables to a platter; cover to rest.
Blend flour with remaining water or broth and add to liquid in Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened. Season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper.