- Servings: 4
- 16 oz of arugula, washed and roughly chopped
- 16 oz tagliatelle
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 t fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/8 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1, 28-ounce can plum tomatoes, drained of their juices
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- grated Parmesan cheese
DirectionsGently heat the olive oil in a thick-bottomed saucepan. Add the garlic and fry until golden. Add the fennel seeds and chili and stir. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Stir with a spoon to break up the tomatoes and simmer for about 20-25 minutes until reduced to a thick sauce.
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil and cook the tagliatelle for 2 minutes. Then add the arugula. Cook together for 2-3 minutes until the pasta is al dente. Drain and return to the saucepan. Drizzle with olive oil. Stir in the tomato sauce. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.