- 4-5 ripe avocados (if they are large ones, only 4)
- 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 of a small jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
DirectionsCut avocados in half length-wise and remove pits. Scoop the avocado flesh from the shells. In a medium bowl, mash with a potato masher or large fork. You don't want to completely turn it to mush, leave a few small chunks for texture. Add the remaining ingredients.
Serve with tortilla chips as an appetizer or as a topping for tacos or other mexican dishes.
You can make this a couple of hours in advance, but you will want to be sure to seal it well so that no air gets to the surface and turns it brown. I take plastic wrap and press it down on top of the guacamole in the bowl, removing all the air and making sure the edges are sealed well. Then just remove the plastic wrap when you're ready to serve.